Saturday, January 16, 2010

More crochet news . . .

The first thing that I learned how to do was the chain stitch.  I just kept doing them until they looked neat and normal.  The next step was a single crochet.  I figured it out, and then just kept going.  I wish now that I had made a longer chain, but . . . Oh, well.  This thing, whatever it is, is about 36" long.  It's curvy because I messed up the first row, but left it because I didn't figure it out until I was halfway through the second. 

So, you want pictures?  Here you go.  Close ups and everything! 


I had fun taking pictures of it . . .
 
 Love the colors in the yarn!
 
 Here you can see the first row where I messed up.  Then the second row is loose and bunches up in places.  The third row, fourth row, and on get better and tighter.  I am excited - and rambling.  I'll stop.   
 
 More . . .
 
 Looks way bigger here than it really is. . .  But I love it. 

When I look at it I can see the row that I messed up . . . and how each row after gets better and tighter.   And the bigger it gets, the more the colors show.  I can't wait until I finish and I can do something else! 

Well, that's it for now.  We're having a great day.  I'll post about it later, but right now it's time for more fun! 

2 comments:

  1. It's kinda like our life... you can see where you've messed up but then you can see the improvements. Makes it all worth it! :-) Great job, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried to teach myself to crochet. I just get frustrated. I even borrowed Kelli's book "Crochet for Dummies." I must be more than a dummy, because I can't get it, LOL! I used to know how, years ago, but the knowledge has escaped me. I think I just need someone to SHOW me how to do it, not illustrations. Looks like you are getting the hang of it! Glad you are enjoying it! It is relaxing, from what I remember, back when I knew how to do it...lol

    ReplyDelete