Monday, January 4, 2010

Can I really learn how?


About two years ago, I bought this kit . . . the knitting version, actually.  But I didn't have the time and patience to try and teach myself.  I happened to have a friend on she ship who knew how.  He tried to teach me.  It was easier with help than on my own, but I still didn't get the hang of . . . anything . . . before I left the ship.  Not sure what happened to that kit.

When I was living here with mom and dad, job searching and waiting to start school, I was bored.  I didn't have any friends, and I didn't have anything to do.  So I thought that if I had something to occupy me, I would be less bored and lonely.  I bought this kit, thinking that I could learn to crochet.  Between the book and the animated instructions I found online, I got started.  Sort of.  Every time I started to try, something happened.  I had to go somewhere, or do something.  I got the hang of one concept before it got put away for the last time - a week before I started school.

I am back in school this week, and have lots to do . . . but I still have periods of boredom and loneliness.  So yesterday I pulled my kit out of its hiding place.  I don't have much . . . just a foot and a half of chain stitches.  It was Lesson one.  I started to get it, and that's when I put it all away.  Just looking at it, and the illustrations for lessons two through ten, I am a little overwhelmed again.

Does anyone out there know how to crochet?  Okay, Heather, I know that you can. . . .  But I also know that you're really busy (and you just finished a crocheting marathon) so I wasn't going to ask you.  How about anyone who wouldn't mind getting together sometime to help me learn?  I am excited to learn something new . . . and I think it would be nice to be able to sit and watch tv or a movie - and then still have something productive when I'm done.

If anyone is willing, please let me know.  Weekdays are best, but I can try to get together anytime. . . especially if you don't mind chillin' with the kiddos.  There could also be lunch or dinner in it for anyone who tries to teach me!

That's all for now . . .

The boys are off to bed, and I'm going to sit and try!
Hope to hear from someone soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment