Sunday, January 3, 2010

Going back . . .

To School!

When I was in school, I lived for time off -- weekends, three day weekends, and vacations. I loved time off. I got to spend it with my friends, relaxing, or on the boat.

When I grew up, I joined the Navy. I still loved time off. Afternoons, weekends, and leave. On a ship, there were just more reasons to need leave - more supervisors, duty, underways, deployments. . . and we always said that "Leave is never long enough."

Now I'm out of the Navy. As you know, I don't have a job. I'm back in school. I have kids who are in school. JR is in Kindergarten, and Z is in preschool. We have all been off, together, since the 19th of December. Total, 16 days.

We've had a lot of fun in the last 16 days. We've gone shopping and saw Santa. Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. We've seen a few friends and visited family. We've even had a lot of fun just the three of us.

But there have been some not so good moments. The longer we've all been off of school, the more not-good moments we have. The boys don't take naps here at home, so they're worn out. They aren't seeing anyone (regularly) except each other. An extra problem has been being broke for most of the "vacation" time. Too cold to go to the park, but we start to get stir-crazy after being home too long.

Well, it's all over now. It's Sunday night. I'm headed to bed. And when I get up tomorrow, I'm going to school! I really am excited. I'm sorry for all of you who are going to work tomorrow and wish you could stay home and be lazy. I'm done being lazy! I need something to do. I need to learn some more. I'm ready to go back!

And, yes. Happy that my kids are going back, too. They need friends, and they need to play! And I need some time without them . . .

*sigh* So excited!

Goodnight world, goodnight blog!

~ Janis

No comments:

Post a Comment