Sunday, January 31, 2010

Because I don't have enough to do . . .

I decided to take up another hobby.



My classes are Monday through Thursday, which gives me Fridays off.  Usually I call it "my" day.  The boys still go to school on Fridays, so I do some deep-cleaning, run errands, and relax. 

Starting this week, I have something else to do.  I joined a bowling league!  It is the same bowling league that my Grandmother (my Dad's mom) belongs to.  I used to go bowling with her when I was a little girl.  I've never been very good, but always have fun.  They bowl Friday mornings. . . and since they had openings, and I have free time, I joined.

I didn't do very well, but since I was brand new (and haven't bowled at all in almost two years) no one really cared.  I may bowl poorly for a few weeks, but I think it's okay since I'm still excited and having fun! 

There are three games each day.  I first bowled an 87, 77, then a 76.  See?  I told you I didn't do well.  But I was excited each time I knocked down pins, and each time I got a strike (there were three) I was literally jumping up and down.

So, lots of fun . . . and my Grandma even gave me my own ball.  Have to get a bag to carry it in, but that should be pretty easy.  I am already looking forward to next Friday.  And now that I'm not quite so rusty, hopefully I'll get better next week! I'll let you all know how I'm improving . . .

If you're ever going to be in my neighborhood on a Friday, give me a call.  We can bowl . . . or have lunch after I bowl!  Still gotta keep some of "my" Friday, but the more I get out and about instead of staying home alone, the more I like it!

2 comments:

  1. I think that's great! Good for you for finding something to do outside of the house. I'm a hermit. I just stay home, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fun!! Before Friday, though, the last time I had gone bowling was with guys from the ship . . . Think of a Friday, off work early . . . no one bowled very well on those days. No one cared. And many of them would drink, which didn't improve their game. Here they really are serious about bowling - strikes left and right. Even though I had fun, I was a little embarrassed. So, we'll see how much I can improve.

    ReplyDelete