Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas # 1

*Sigh* . . . . I love this time of year! 

Yes, it's busy.  It's stressful.  It can be a pretty expensive time, too. 

But it's so full of magic.  I love the fun and joy, and spending happy time with friends and family.  Reminiscing about old times, good and bad. 

Usually, our first Christmas is on Christmas Eve with my dad's side of the family.  This year, our first Christmas was on Saturday, with E's family. E's Mom, brothers, and sister were there.  I brought my boys and E brought his daughter. 

It was a day of fun.  Games, movies, snacks, then presents and dinner.  Everyone was excited about the gift-giving . . .  That's always my favorite part: the giving.  I felt bad that I didn't have anything to give to anyone, but they all understand my financial situation.  Maybe I'll give everyone Valentine's presents when I'm back on my feet.  It was still a joy to see everyone so excited. 

The best part of the day?  The visiting.  Just being there, hanging out with Christmas in the air. 

I'm looking forward to more.  More togetherness, more joy.  More giving, more love.  Too bad there's only two more days of Christmas.  I could handle a little bit more.  Even with the boys, the stress, and the lack of cash, I love it.  Hope you are all enjoying the magic as much as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment