Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas Cards

Christmas Cards:  A blog and an advertisement. 

Advertisement?  Yes.  Sorry.  But Shutterfly is offering bloggers 50 Christmas / Holiday cards for posting about their holiday products.  If you have a blog, check it out.  If you haven't gotten your Christmas cards yet, check out what they have.  http://bit.ly/sfly2010

Okay, so there's the plug.  Here's the blog. 

I have never really done Christmas cards.  I've always thought about it.  The last few years I've even written a letter.  Last year I got addresses from lots of people, near and far, old and new, navy and civilian.  But I never sent them.  This year I had our first family portrait taken since 2007.  I used to do it every year, starting with a portrait of Jacob and I when I was pregnant with Zack.  This year, since so many things have happened since I've been in touch with people, and so many things are getting ready to change in our lives, I really want to follow through. 

The pictures (even though I was nervous) turned out great.  There's a few with a funny face, or hair out of place, but overall, they did a really good job.  Regret:  I didn't have her take one of anyone alone.  Oh, well.  The family shot is the important one anyway. 

Here's a sample of my favorite:

No, this is not the shot for the card.  Not going to give everything away here.  This is just a sample.  And if you come to my house in a few weeks, you'll see it in a frame on my desk.  Love it.  Zachary and I are doing "nose wiggles" on the left, and Jacob and I are on the right.  How much they've grown up!


So, the next choice:   Which card to put them on.  After I saw the Shuttefly blog on a friend's post, I started browsing the options.  I prefer a card with one big picture instead of a collage.  Do I want color, black, or white?  Christmas or Holidays?  Snowflakes, trees?  Why are there so many choices? 

Here are a few of my favorites . . . why don't you tell me which one you like? 





Well, that's all for now.  I look forward to hearing what you think . . . almost as much as I'm looking forward to actually sending cards this year! Thanks to my mom for encouraging me to get our pictures done.  I really am happy with them.  Thanks also to Brandy and to Shutterfly for the offer of free cards!

1 comment:

  1. I like the 1st card and the 4th card choices! :)

    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete