Sunday, June 20, 2010

Disneyland, Day Two

Today, thankfully, did not start as early as yesterday did.

We got up when we got up, which was nice.  We got dressed and ready, and went down for our breakfast.  Breakfast got a little hectic, which can happen with two boys.  But we all ate good, and got ready in time for the shuttle bus.  Disneyland at 9 am.  We had to get Mom a wheelchair . . . Correction: Mom got a motorized scooter.    Pretty cool for two reasons - one, she doesn't have to do all of the walking and cause herself extra pain, and two, no one has to push or wheel her around. 

When we got in the gates, we decided to head for a real ride - one that would have a long line later in the day.  First stop:  the Matterhorn.  Wait time: about ten minutes.  Awesomeness!  Everyone except Mom went, so she got the bags.  M and J went up front.  Dad and Z were in the back, and he wasn't as excited about the ride.  We have told him that the rides can't hurt.  There's lights, music, and magic here.  Nothing is real, so there's nothing to be afraid of.  I had to start that after just walking through Sleeping Beauty's castle!  I don't want him to whine out of everything without trying it.  So he tried it.  He wanted his grandpa, and he put on a brave face, but he was scared.  I forgot how much of the ride is dark!  In the end, he said it was fun, but he doesn't want to do it again.

We walked off of the ride, and right on to the Storybook Land boat ride.  I didn't remember the last time I went on it.  Pretty cool, really.  Nice and tame, so everyone calmed down, and Mom came with us.  From there we went on Dumbo's flying ride, and Casey Junior.  Both were very short lines.  That was nice for getting started.  We left Fantasyland and headed toward Frontierland.  We found another very short line at the Thunder Mountain Railroad.  Z was excited about it, but we were smart in thinking that he might not love it.  He was sat with Grandpa in the back of the ride.  I loved the ride - laughed most of the way through - until my hat flew off!  As soon as we leveled out, I turned around.  Thought it was gone, but there it was on the seat next to Z.  I hollered for Dad to hold on to it, and turned back around, as we went down another hill.  J wanted to do it again . . . but it was another ride that Z said was fun - but he didn't like it, and didn't want to do again. 

We all rode the Winnie the Pooh ride, and Z loved it.  Why couldn't he fall in love with one of the classics?  Oh, well.  We had a less-than-perfect lunch, but made the best of it.  While we were finishing up, M took our tickets to get "Fast passes" to Splash Mountain.  I'm not a fan of the ride, and I knew Z couldn't go.  So after we saw Pooh and Tigger, we went our separate ways.  I took Z back to the Winnie the Pooh ride.  We were almost to the front of the line, and he leaned his head on me.  I picked him up and asked him what was wrong.  "I'm tired," he told me.  "How tired, baby?"  "A hundred tired"  Oh, boy.  We rode the ride, and then had about twenty minutes to make it to the shuttle stop.  It was a loong walk.  My baby, though, he's a trouper.  He didn't whine or asked to be picked up the whole way there. 

So, here I was, in the hotel room, with a sleeping boy.  Everyone else was having fun and riding rides.  They made it back just as naptime was over.  We got to play a while, and then it was time to go to dinner.  After dinner and back in the room, J was being mean, throwing toys and tantrums.  I sent Z to Mom and Dad's room to color for a few minutes while J got it out.  He got it out all right . . . and then he fell asleep.

So here I sit, for the second time in one day, in a hotel room with a sleeping child . . . while everyone else is at Disneyland, having fun.  I guess it happens, and I'm thankful that Mom and Dad and M & J have been willing, both times, to take the other one with them.  I just wish that I could go play, too.  Oh, well.  Still lots of time to see Mickey, Indiana Jones, the Pirates, and everything else.  I'll hope for no naps and no tantrums tomorrow, but I won't hold my breath. 

Boy one: Passed out, mom turned the lights out.
Boy two: Out with grandma and grandpa.  Having fun.
Mom: Quiet and bored.  Restless, but ready for bed.
Day two: Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment