Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A broken promise . . .

Do you remember when I promised to write every day?  I wanted to, I really did.  I had a lot to say. . . a lot that I was feeling and wanted to share.  SO many things were changing, and so many things were not going well in my life.  I felt like I was unable to blog just as I felt that I was unable to be on Facebook.  Why?  Because a lot of what I felt and what I wanted to say was about E.

Not to worry about that, though.  There is no more E.  The boys and I moved out of his house in just a few days after Heather's birthday.  We stayed with M&D for a week, then moved into a place of our own.  All of the change has not been easy - for me or for the boys - but it's just about over.  I know that I have such good friends you would have been there for me in this rough time, but I felt too afraid to reach out to anyone except for my parents.

I am not going to go into major details except to say that it just didn't work . . . and for all of you now worrying about me, I will say that there was no physical abuse.

What have I learned?  Hmm.  The first few things may sound cliche, but there's a reason that we keep cliches around.  "Look before you leap" . . . and "You never know someone until you live with them" . . .  Yeah.  So.  What else, besides the cliche?  Oh, a lot.  A few things I am just getting to.  I am learning to pay attention to the way that people act and what it means.  I am learning to listen to my children.  They both have their issues, but they're also really smart.  I have learned that instincts are felt for a reason, and the next time I feel an inner voice telling me something is not right, or that I should do something to change what's happening, I will listen to that instinct.

For now, that is all.  I have been thinking about blogging quite a lot.  For those of you who enjoy it, and want to hear more about the boys, our adjustments, and my life as a single mom / student, I thank you.  The writing and posting is somewhat of a therapy for me.  I may need to lock the blog and make it invitation only . . . but we will see how things are going.  So, thanks for coming back.  Thank you all for your support.  My apologies for breaking my promise to keep blogging, but I am back now, and looking forward to things getting better and life being happier again.

Peace, quiet, and finally, bedtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment