Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Bring on the TV!

I am *so* glad that the Olympics are over! 

Look, don't get me wrong.  I like the Olympics (usually).  I'm patriotic . . . and proud of our country's athletes, and the way the world can come together.  I'm not discounting the 37 medals that we won (that's 9 Gold, 13 Silver, and 15 Bronze in case you weren't paying attention either) but this year I wasn't really into it. 

Maybe that's because I watched the opening ceremonies (in the middle of the night) in the ER waiting room - completely exhausted - the night of Jacob's broken arm . . . Perhaps it's because this year, living on my own, I have no DVR . . . Maybe I'm less interested because I like sleep and can't watch at all these crazy times.  It's not because I don't like the sports, or because I don't support the athletes.  On the contrary . . . Winter games used to be my favorite over summer . . . and way back when, I knew who most of the athletes were.  I was in to it. 

This year, I think that the biggest reason is because I miss TV.  I don't watch a lot of it, and I don't usually watch it on the TV.  I watch stuff a day or two later, on the internet . . .  At my own time.  This way, it doesn't interrupt the boys' bedtime - or mine, and I get a little downtime during the day, in between lunch, cleaning, and studying. 

So, like I said. . . I don't watch a lot of TV.  I'm very picky.  I can count the shows that I watch.  Hmm . . .  Mercy, Trauma, Biggest Loser, House, Modern Family, and Army Wives, and V.  Did you see that?  Two of my shows are currently off-season, and three of them are on NBC.  Trauma hasn't even been on since November, but it is coming back -- after the Olympics.  Mercy and the Biggest Loser are also waiting until after the Olympics to come back on.  Is this not frustrating to anyone else?  Seriously. 

I guess if I watched more of the two hundred shows out there, I would have more options . . . I just don't get them, though.  I never liked NCIS or CSI.  You can keep the Bachelor and 24, too.  30 Rock?  No, thanks.  I don't do late night.  I sleep.  The news is on the internet, and so are 20/20 and 60 minutes.  Like I said, I'm picky with my TV.   

So, it's Tuesday.  The Biggest Loser returns in a half an hour.  I'm stoked - even though I'll probably only get to see half of it due to the boys' bedtime and my own exhaustion.  Tomorrow Mercy is on . . . I'll watch it on Thursday . . . and next week, it's back to Trauma. I'm so excited for its return . . . If you haven't seen it, all ten episodes are online at www.nbc.com. Try one, and I'm sure you'll be hooked.

Well, I'm done for now.  I'm down to twenty minutes.  I can almost hear the music . . . "What have you done today . . . to make you feel proud"  Hmm.  Not much.  Maybe this will be one of those nights to work out while I'm watching.  Or maybe I'll just sit back and watch. 

Time to go read a story, tuck in the boys, and settle in for the "fatties" . . .

Goodnight, all!

1 comment:

  1. I am also so happy about the return of Fatties. I missed it so much! I can't stand the Olympics!

    ReplyDelete