Saturday, October 17, 2009

The ABC's of me!

This one is from H. I, also, secretly love these things. They make you think about yourself, and when you read your friends' answers, you can learn things you never knew . . . So I guess as I blog more often, I will throw some of these quizzes in. I'll have fun, and you can all learn a little bit more about me. Be warned, though, that I never have one-word answers!

A – Advocate For: Gee, I have to be an advocate for something in the first one? This is difficult. I don't speak up very often and I rarely get on a soapbox. But I would say quitting smoking . . . Smoking is a dirty, nasty habit. It smells bad, costs money, and kills. There are a lot of other things that I think are important, but I don't talk about them often -- and I really don't talk politics. So we'll leave it at that.

B – Best Feature: Well, this goes in to the self-confidence . . . or lack of it. I don't really like any of my features! I've never liked my smile - first it was gappy and crooked, then it had braces, and then the Navy wouldn't let me wear retainers, so it's still not perfect. . . I don't see my hair or my eyes as anything to write home about. And the rest of me is a work in progress. I am still working on my weight, so nothing else is really a "good" feature.

C – Could do without: Temper tantrums. Seriously. We have waaay too many of them around here. If I never saw / heard one again in my life, I would be okay.

D – Dreams & Desires: Finishing school. Finding someone. Living a better life.

E – Essential items: Hugs. Comfortable shoes. Wipes. A book - no matter where we're going.

F – Favourite pastime: Reading, writing, watching TV, and doing fun things with the boys - like going to the zoo, park, or having an adventure.

G – Good at: Hmm. Editing? Is that a skill. I think so. I can spot a spelling/grammatical error from a mile away. Well, maybe not a mile, because my vision isn't that good. But they drive me nuts. Some say I should have become an English teacher, but I think I would have been too frustrated. And I hate dissecting and labeling everything. My College English class drove me nuts!

H – Have never tried: Skydiving. Oops, first I typed "sly-diving" which sounds like more fun. I'm never going to jump out of a plane, ever. This was part of H's original answer. I am stealing it because it fits. And I'm going to add Bungee jumping. Really. Will NEVER try! I can't really think of something positive that I haven't tried but would like to. We'll just leave it at this.

I – If I Had a Million Dollars: First: pay off my debts. I'm not seriously in the hole, but there are a few things - the Navy, for one, and now my school loans, and a few small things. It would be nice to start my new life without that baggage. Second: Pay off the house. It would be like a gift for all of us. It may not be our perfect house, but for now, it's ours, and it works. . . Third, I would buy a car. I know I have one, and it's paid for, but it's not perfect, and if I had a million dollars, why not? It wouldn't be something crazy or super sporty. Somewhere between a minivan and smallish SUV. It would be nice, and new, and mine. Lastly, I would take us all for a vacation. We need one. We could have fun somewhere all together! That's it. The rest of the money would be invested. I am not one of those crazy people that would stop going to school or quit my job. I would still live the same life - just debt free with a really big nest egg!!

J – Junkie For: Diet Coke. Raspberries. Cheese-flavored pretzels.

K – Kindred Spirit: I don't know. I still have hope that there's one out there somewhere, but I'm too busy with the rest of my life to care or look. . . Someday, maybe.

L – Little Known Fact: This one seems to be the hardest for me to answer. I've thought about a lot of things to put in here, but I second-guess myself, thinking that it's not really a "little-known" fact. Most people probably know that I miss the Navy and wish I was still in. Most people probably know that I am lonely, but do not miss being with anyone. Most people probably know that I love singing and dancing - and do everywhere, even though I have no talent for either of them. Maybe they're little known facts, and maybe they're not. Maybe you know me really well. . . . Guess I'll have to try and be a little bit more un-predictable.

M – Memorable Moment: Coming home from deployment. There is no feeling like it. Yes, it sucks being gone. Half of me was in San Diego while I was all over the world. But standing there, listening to the music playing, and seeing that crowd of people on the pier - everyone that we haven't seen for three months (or six months, I did two deployments) - it is an awesome feeling. You know that out there somewhere in the crowd they are waiting for you, and you're going to get to see them and hug them. Then you hear the shot, and cheers ring out, because everyone knows that the shot means we are home! I get chills just sitting here thinking about it.

N – Never Again Will I: Leave my children for weeks or months at a time. I miss the Navy. But I am so glad that I am here for them now. I have so many moments now that I would have missed if I was still on the ship. . . . Like the first day of Kindergarten, all of the Holidays, none of the Duty days . . . .

O – Occasional Indulgence: Lunch. Okay, I know I have to explain. I do eat lunch every day. But occasionally, I take myself out to lunch. Just me and a book. It's great. Usually makes me feel good . . . sometimes it's not so great to be alone, but with food and a book, it's okay.

P – Profession: Student. That's it. Hopefully soon I'll start my FWS job, working for the school. But for now, it's school, homework, and blah.

Q – Quote: Too many to count. Yes, I love quotes. They can make you laugh, they can make you think, and they can inspire you. My personal quote, everyone should know by now. . . It may not be a perfect life, but it's our life. I say it when I need to remind myself that it is okay that I'm not perfect and may not ever be. I'm just me . . . trying to be the best I can be.

R – Reason to Smile: J and Z.

S – Sorry About: That one thing. You know, that one time. With you know who. Sorry about that. I didn't mean it, but I'm sorry that I did that. . . . And H, I'm sorry I stole your answer. Again. It's a good one. Not specific about anything, it just sums it all up.

T – Things That Are Worrying You Right Now: MONEY! Always. And whether or not I'm really able to do this without screwing up these kids. . .

U – Uninterested In: (Disinterested in?) People who are famous for being famous . . . but have no real talent or skill. Or those who used to be famous but now do nothing . . . Lindsay Lohan, for example.

V – Very Scared Of: Well, I really don't do scary movies. I don't like driving in the dark, and scared of strange or creepy people . . . I'm very scared of falling. Not afraid of heights, though, or flying. Just crashing :)

W – Worst Habits: Worrying. Taking things too seriously/ too much to heart. I know I'm sensitive, but sometimes I can't help it. It's hard to let things go . . . And my very worst habit : procrastination!

X – X Marks My Ideal Vacation Spot: Disney - Land/ World / Whatever. I'm still a kid at heart, and I have always been a Mickey girl. Those girly-girls can have the princess stuff. I'll take Mickey Mouse any day! Any age, any era. Alone or with the kids, it's perfect!

Y – Yummiest Desert: I love cheesecake with fruit and chocolate on it. And fresh fruit pie. My sister would call it "slimy limp fruit" but I really love apple and strawberry . . . . Lately, though, the favorite is fresh berries (razz and black) with a sprinkle of sugar and whipped cream. Mmmm!

Z – Zodiac Sign: Cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment