Friday, June 26, 2009

The first . . .

Well, here I go. Officially a blogger. Yes, I'm new at this. So forgive me if I don't quite do it right.

This may go back and forth between being a place to write what I feel, tell you what's going on, or ask opinions and ideas. I have thought about doing this for a while, but didn't know how to get started writing a real blog. And every time I think seriously about just doing it, a little voice tells me not to. For those of you who don't know, I have a lack of self-confidence. There's often a voice that tells me my ideas suck, or I don't look good, or no one will care. . . .

Today I am starting this blog because a friend told me not to listen to that voice. Thanks for the support, H!

Hmm, what else do you say in the intro? I think that who we are and where we're at in life will come later. I think I'll tell you about the name, though.

I don't watch a lot of TV, but I love Jon and Kate plus 8. So sad what's happening now. . . but that's a topic for another time. Anyway, in their intro, it they talk about who they are. And at the very end, it says "It may not be a perfect life. . . but it's our life." I have always loved that line, and I have tried to take it to heart, especially in this transition. We don't have to have a perfect life. I know it's not going to turn out the way I planned, but it's our life. So I try my best to make the most of it. That's where I got both the title, and came up with the web address for my blog!

I sure hope someone reads this! Oh, there's the pessimist again. Okay, I hope you all enjoy reading this! I look forward to hearing (or reading) your thoughts on our not-perfect life.

More soon!

~ J

2 comments: